- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1 anchovy fillet
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced
Heat oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and anchovies in large saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until anchovies break down and garlic is lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt, sugar to saucepan and stir to combine. Cover and increase heat to medium-high. Cook, without stirring, for 7-9 minutes. Off heat, stir in butter.
Toss with pasta water and pasta to serve. Top with basil.
- ¼ cup pine nuts, walnuts, or almonds
- 3 medium cloves garlic
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pound basil to release oils. Put all ingredients, except cheese, in food processor and process/scrape until uniform. Stir in cheese by hand. Salt to taste.
Store with a thin layer of oil on top, or with plastic wrap pressed against the surface.
- 1 cup water
- ⅔ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups (~2-3 ears) corn kernels
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2-4 jalapenos, stemmed and seeded (some seeds reserved for spice)
Bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Remove from heat and add corn, shallot, and jalapenos. Let steep for at least 45 minutes, up to 3-4 hours. Drain. Pickled corn mixture can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (3 3/4 ounces)
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal (3 3/4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk (can substitute half yogurt/sour cream and half water)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and egg together. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until uniform. Stir in the butter until just combined.
Spread evenly in a greased cake or springform pan. Bake 450*F until the cornbread is cooked through in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Prepare a marinade for the chicken. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper flakes in a large bowl, then whisk to combine. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. Turn chicken halfway during marinade.
Add everything to Instant Pot. 8 minutes high pressure, then natural release 15 minutes.
Serve with yogurt sauce:
Mix 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/2 lemon juiced + lemon zest, 1 minced garlic in a bowl. Optionally, add minced fresh herbs (basil, chive, etc.). Cover. Chill for 4-5 hours.