- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour (3 3/4 ounces)
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal (3 3/4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup buttermilk (can substitute half yogurt/sour cream and half water)
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
Whisk the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk and egg together. Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until uniform. Stir in the butter until just combined.
Spread evenly in a greased cake or springform pan. Bake 450*F until the cornbread is cooked through in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve.
- 150 g/3 oz butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 dl / 6 oz / 0.8 cup sugar
- 1 dl / 472 oz / 0.6 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 dl /6 oz / 1.6 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 dl / 6.7 fl. oz / 0.8 cup sour cream, double cream or buttermilk
- 4 dl / 3.8 oz / 1 cup marmalade
Heat the oven to 175 C/350F. Grease and dust with breadcrumbs a midsize sponge cake dish. Melt the rest of the butter and let cool slightly. In a bowl, whisk the and the sugar and dark brown sugar until porous, using an electric mixer if you have one handy.
Mix the dry ingredients. Blend them into the egg mixture together with the sour cream / double cream / buttermilk and marmalade until smooth. Tip into the cake dish. Bake in the lower oven for 50-65 minutes until it feels dry. Tent with foil for the final minutes if needed.
- 150 g butter
- 5 dl milk
- 25 g yeast
- ½ dl light corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cardamom
- ca 15 dl all purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 100 g butter
- 1 ½ dl sugar
- 2 tsp cardamom
Melt butter and milk, warm to 37c. Add yeast, and rest of dough ingredients. Mix. Let rise for 1hr. Roll out dough, add filling, fold in two, cut into 15 lengths and twist. Let rise for another 45m. Egg wash, add perl sugar. Bake in 450F for 10m.