- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Prepare a marinade for the chicken. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, turmeric, cinnamon and red pepper flakes in a large bowl, then whisk to combine. Add the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours. Turn chicken halfway during marinade.
Add everything to Instant Pot. 8 minutes high pressure, then natural release 15 minutes.
Serve with yogurt sauce:
Mix 1/2 cup plain or Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup mayo, 1/2 lemon juiced + lemon zest, 1 minced garlic in a bowl. Optionally, add minced fresh herbs (basil, chive, etc.). Cover. Chill for 4-5 hours.
For steeping cream
- 2 ¼ cups half-and-half
- 2 medium cloves garlic (8g), smashed
- 2 small shallots (110g total), quartered
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons (6g) whole black peppercorns
- 1 ¼ teaspoons table salt
In a small saucepan, combine cream, milk, garlic, shallots, nutmeg, thyme, peppercorns, and salt. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat, cover, and let steep for 1 hour.
- 2 pounds all-purpose potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick or less
- Adjust oven rack to center position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Rub bottom and sides of 5- to 6-cup gratin dish or shallow baking dish with a garlic clove. Once garlic in dish has dried, about 2 minutes, spread dish with half the butter.
- Bring steeped half-and-half and potatoes to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally with wooden spoon (liquid will just barely cover potatoes). Reduce heat and simmer until liquid thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Pour potato mixture into prepared dish; shake dish or use fork to distribute potatoes evenly. Gently press down potatoes until submerged in liquid; dot with remaining butter.
- Bake until top is golden brown (basting once or twice during first 45 minutes) about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- For a more pronounced crust, sprinkle three tablespoons of heavy cream or grated Gruyère cheese on top of the potatoes after forty-five minutes of baking. Let rest 5 minutes and serve.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 2 celery stalks, minced
- 2 garlic gloves, minced
- ¾ pound meatloaf mix or 1/4 pound each ground beef chuck, ground veal, and ground pork
- ½ teaspoon Table salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup dry red wine
- (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped fine (“crushed” texture), with juice strained and reserved
- 1 porcini or beef bouillon cube
Makes 3 cups for 1lb pasta
Don’t drain the pasta of its cooking water too meticulously when using this sauce; a little water left clinging to the noodles will help distribute the very thick sauce evenly into the noodles, as will adding an extra 2 tablespoons of butter along with the sauce. Top each serving with a little grated Parmesan and pass extra grated cheese at the table. If doubling this recipe, increase the simmering times for the milk and the wine to 30 minutes each, and the simmering time once the tomatoes are added to 4 hours.
- Add wine to non-reactive saucepan and simmer until reduced to half.
- Heat butter in large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, carrot, and celery and sautè until softened but not browned, about 6 minutes. Sautè garlic until fragrant.
- Add ground meat and 1/2 teaspoon salt; crumble meat with edge of wooden spoon to break apart into tiny pieces. Cook, continuing to crumble meat, just until it loses its raw color but has not yet browned.
- Add milk and bring to simmer; continue to simmer until milk evaporates and only clear fat remains, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and bouillon cube and bring to simmer; reduce heat to medium low, until sauce has thickened, 15 minutes.
- Add reduced wine and simmer another 5 minutes to meld flavors.
- Adjust seasonings with extra salt to taste and serve. (Can be refrigerated in an airtight container for several days or frozen for several months. Warm over low heat before serving.)