- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbls. kosher salt
- 2 Tbls. toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp. five-spice powder
- 1 Tbls. rice wine vinegar
- 6 chicken leg quarters, 4 ½ – 5 lbs.
Marinade chicken for at least 2 hours, up to overnight. Roast at 425*F for 45-50 minutes.
3/4c tapioca, 20 min soak, drain
¼ pot water to boil
¼ pot water, 3/4c sugar, 1/2c evaporated milk, 1/2c coconut milk
- ½ lb tilapia cut into pieces and marinated with ½ tablespoon corn starch
- 2 Tbsp black bean sauce
- ½ onion, large dice
- 1 red bell pepper, large dice
- 2 stalk scallions (cut into 1.5 inch length)
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon fish sauce
- ¾ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon corn starch (mix with 6 tablespoons water)
Stir fry the ginger, onion and bell pepper in a wok. Add fish, stir fry until almost cooked. Add sauce, stir until thickened.
For the garlic-parsley paste
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2-4 tbsp minced parsley
- Cut top 1/3 off 2 heads of garlic. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil each and wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 400* for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley and mashed roasted garlic.
For the Lamb
- 5 – 7 pound boneless leg of lamb (~30 minutes)
- Unroll lamb. Following natural seams (delineated by lines of fat), separate into three smaller roasts, using sharp boning knife as needed.
- Trim visible fat and gristle from exterior of each roast. With small, pointed cuts, penetrate deeper to remove interior pockets of gristle, fat, and silver skin.
- Lightly score inside of each roast, making ¼-inch-deep cuts spaced1 inch apart in crosshatch pattern.
- Rub scored surface of brined lamb with garlic-parsley paste, working paste into grooves.
- Roll into compact roast, tucking in flaps, to form log shape. Tie with twine at 1-inch intervals.
- If 2 roasts: 133* for 4-5 hours
- If 3 roasts: 133* for 3 hours
- Sear for 1 minute on each side when done