How to prepare lentils for lentil salad.
- Rinse and pick lentils. Drain.
- Sautee aromatics (onion, garlic) in olive oil over medium heat until soft. Add bay leaf.
- Turn stove to medium-low, add lentils, salt and pepper. Cover, cook lentils 8-10 minutes until darkened.
- Uncover, increase heat to high, add ½ cup of dry white wine per 1 cup of lentils and bring to simmer.
- Cover with 1-2" of water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and cool.
WW 1 pt = 1 cup cooked