- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & diced
- 2-3 carrots, diced
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp dried (crushed) pepper flakes
- ½ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes (juices included)
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 1 lb. firm white fish (such as tilapia), cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ lb. medium shrimp, shelled
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan set over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, red bell pepper and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and peppers are tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
3. Add the oregano and chile flakes, and cook for 1 minute. Add the parsley and white wine, and cook for 1 additional minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and vegetable broth, and bring to a simmer. Cover and low simmer 10-15 minutes.
5. Add the tilapia pieces and cook, stirring occasionally, until the fish is almost cooked through, about 4 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp and continue to simmer until the shrimp is barely cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.