Easy to make pita style bread.
- 2cups warm water
- 0.4 cup finger warm milk
- 13 gram dry yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 0.4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4.8 cup bread flour
Measure the water and milk in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast into the bowl and add the salt and honey. Stir with a wooden fork until the yeast has dissolved. Add the two flours.
Quickly mix together with a spoon into a loose dough. Sprinkle approx. 2 tbsp bread flour over the dough, cover the bowl with a towel, and let rise for 1 to 1.5 hours in a warm place.
Heat oven to 240-250c . Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Sprinkle ½-1 cup bread flour on a baking table. Gently tip out the dough onto the floured table. Do not knead the dough, the air bubbles from the yeast should be allowed to remain.
Quickly cut (with metal spatula) dough into 6-7 cm narrow strips. It does not matter if the bread does not get the same shape, but they should have about same size.
Place the pieces on the baking sheet. Bake ca.10-12 min or until the loaves are golden.
Let the loaves cool without towel to make the bread crust crispy.
- 3 ripe medium bananas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter
Preheat oven to 325°. Line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
Mash bananas in a bowl, set aside.
In a medium bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt. Stir with a wire whisk to mix ingredients. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla, and peanut butter. Beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix.
Spoon batter into muffin tins. Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 1 large finely diced, peeled apple, diced into 1/4” pieces
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1/8 tsp + ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups homemade or store bought applesauce
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup wheat flour
- 2/3-¾ cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- baking spray
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- In a medium bowl combine apple, 1/8 tsp cinnamon, agave, and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix oil, egg whites, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour mixture, then blend at low speed until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in apples and walnuts.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake in the center rack about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool at least 20 minutes, bread should be room temperature before slicing.
WW 16 slices / 3pt per slice
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Combine ingredients in blender. Process until smooth. Store in refrigerator. Makes approximately 1 cup.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, minus 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
1. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8- or 9-inch cake pans and cover pan bottoms with a round of parchment paper. Whisk flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Remove from heat and add vanilla; cover and keep warm.
2. Separate three of the eggs, placing whites in bowl and reserving the 3 yolks plus remaining 2 whole eggs in another mixing bowl. Beat the 3 whites on high speed until whites are foamy. Gradually add 6 tablespoons of the sugar; continue to beat whites to soft, moist peaks. (Do not overbeat.)
3. Beat yolk/whole egg mixture with remaining 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat on medium-high speed (setting 8 on a KitchenAid) until eggs are very thick and a pale yellow color, about 5 minutes (or 12 minutes by hand). Add beaten eggs to whites.
4. Sprinkle flour mixture over beaten eggs and whites; fold very gently 12 times with a large rubber spatula. Make a well in one side of batter and pour milk mixture into bowl. Continue folding until batter shows no trace of flour, and whites and whole eggs are evenly mixed, about 8 additional strokes.
5. Immediately pour batter into prepared baking pans; bake until cake tops are light brown and feel firm and spring back when touched, about 16 minutes for 9-inch cake pans and 20 minutes for 8-inch cake pans. (or springform pan for 28 minutes)
6. Immediately run a knife around pan perimeter to loosen cake. Cover pan with large plate. Using a towel, invert pan and remove pan from cake. Peel off parchment. Re-invert cake from plate onto rack.
- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cake flour (½ cup flour – 1 tbsp, replaced with 1 tbsp cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (5 ¼ ounces) sugar
- 3 very ripe, darkly speckled large bananas (about 1 ¼ pounds), mashed well (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes + 1 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup grated bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tsp cinnamon + ¼ tsp nutmeg + 2 tbsp grated orange zest; optional ¼ cup toasted walnuts chopped; all mixed into the flour mixture
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with the nonstick baking spray. Sift and mix the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl; set aside. In food processor, puree the mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla together. Then mix in eggs, one at a time, and melted, cooled butter. Transfer 1/3 of liquid mix to large mixing bowl.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture until just incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add half of the remaining flour, followed by another one-third of the liquid mixture. Repeat this process once more, being careful not to overmix the batter, which should look thick and chunky.
- Optional: add optional add-ins, fold into batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top evenly with the walnuts (if using). Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 55 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
WW 3pts slice / 13 slices per loaf