- 1 ½ cups (7 ½ ounces) unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (2 ounces) cake flour (½ cup flour – 1 tbsp, replaced with 1 tbsp cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (5 ¼ ounces) sugar
- 3 very ripe, darkly speckled large bananas (about 1 ¼ pounds), mashed well (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes + 1 cup toasted, chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup grated bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tsp cinnamon + ¼ tsp nutmeg + 2 tbsp grated orange zest; optional ¼ cup toasted walnuts chopped; all mixed into the flour mixture
- Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with the nonstick baking spray. Sift and mix the all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl; set aside. In food processor, puree the mashed bananas, yogurt, and vanilla together. Then mix in eggs, one at a time, and melted, cooled butter. Transfer 1/3 of liquid mix to large mixing bowl.
- Stir in half of the flour mixture until just incorporated, scraping down the bowl as needed. Add half of the remaining flour, followed by another one-third of the liquid mixture. Repeat this process once more, being careful not to overmix the batter, which should look thick and chunky.
- Optional: add optional add-ins, fold into batter.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top evenly with the walnuts (if using). Bake until the loaf is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, about 55 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through baking. Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer the loaf to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. (The bread can be wrapped with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.)
WW 3pts slice / 13 slices per loaf