- ½ cup sliced dried shiitake mushrooms
- ¼ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tbsp. peeled and finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth or stock
- 1 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) package udon noodles
- ½ medium napa cabbage (about 12 ounces), cored, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup white miso
- 2 large eggs (optional)
- Soak dried mushrooms in 1.5c boiling water for 15m
- In stock pot, heat 2 tbsp. oil until shimmering. Sautee onions, garlic and ginger until tender, about 5m.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add stock, soy sauce, mushrooms and strained mushroom liquid. Bring to boil, then lower to simmer 15m.
- Add napa cabbage, simmer 5m until tender.
- Add miso, stir to combine.
- Serve over cooked udon (or other) noodles. Add boiled egg, fishcake and seaweed.