Skip to content
- ½ gallon milk
- ½ c. powdered milk if using 2% or non-fat milk
- ½ c. plain yogurt with active cultures
- In large crockpot, add ½ gallon milk and turn on low for ~1-2 hours, until 180*F.
- Remove lid and cool down until 115*F. This temp should be accurate within 5*F to not kill the yogurt culture.
- Stir in yogurt and powdered milk (if using).
- Turn off crockpot. Replace lid. Cover in a super heavy towel and let sit for 8 hours at 110-120*F.
- Turn on crockpot to low every 3 hours for 10 minutes to maintain temp.
- Cool, store and eat!