- 2 ears corn (cooked), kernels cut from cobs (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium scallion, sliced thin
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons corn oil or vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
Place all ingredients in medium bowl, toss well, and serve.
To cook corn:
Bring 2 cups water to boil in small saucepan over high heat. Stir in corn, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and ¼ teaspoon salt; remove pan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Drain corn and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.