For crepes or similar use.
- 1lb mushrooms (variety is best), cleaned and sliced
- ¼ leek or onion chopped fine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1.5 tbsp mushroom fond
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch made into slurry
- Salt & pepper
- Over medium heat, sautee leek or onion with a little butter until soft
- Add a little more butter, mushrooms, some salt and pepper and sautee until mushrooms release liquid and some of it evaporates
- Lower heat to low. Add heavy cream, mushroom fond and stir until warm. Add corn starch slurry and stir until thick
Can be refrigerated 1-2 days.