- One box of firm tofu
- Marinade (below)
- Drain tofu by setting colander on top of a bowl to collect water. Put whole block of tofu in colander, then adding a flat heavy item on top. We use a rectangle glass bowl and add 2 canned soups on top. Drain in fridge for 1 hour to all day.
- Cut tofu into appropriate pieces (either slabs or cubes).
- Marinade in glass bowl for 30 minutes, flip tofu, marinade 30 more minutes. You can marinade overnight as well.
- Bake at 350-400*F for 40 minutes on a wire rack. If not using a wire rack, bake on parchment paper or foil or silicon mat, turning every 10-15 minutes.
- Cool completely if using in salad.
Lemon herb tofu – good for salads
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried herbs such as rosemary, dill, or oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
Basic Asian – good for salads or stir fry
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water