- 3 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 slices bacon, chopped coarse
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh thyme or pinch dried
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 red potatos (6 ounces), unpeeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
1. Cut kernels from one ear of corn into bowl. In separate bowl, grate remaining two ears corn over large holes of box grater. Using back of butter knife, scrape any remaining pulp from cobs into bowl with grated corn.
2. Cook bacon in medium saucepan over medium heat until crisp, 5-7 minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
3. Slowly whisk in broth, scraping up any browned bits and smoothing out any lumps. Stir in potato and grated corn mixture, bring to simmer, and cook until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in cream and remaining corn kernels and simmer until corn kernels are tender yet still slightly crunchy, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.