For the garlic-parsley paste
- 2 heads of garlic
- 2-4 tbsp minced parsley
- Cut top 1/3 off 2 heads of garlic. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil each and wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 400* for 40 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine parsley and mashed roasted garlic.
For the Lamb
- 5 – 7 pound boneless leg of lamb (~30 minutes)
- Unroll lamb. Following natural seams (delineated by lines of fat), separate into three smaller roasts, using sharp boning knife as needed.
- Trim visible fat and gristle from exterior of each roast. With small, pointed cuts, penetrate deeper to remove interior pockets of gristle, fat, and silver skin.
- Lightly score inside of each roast, making ¼-inch-deep cuts spaced1 inch apart in crosshatch pattern.
- Rub scored surface of brined lamb with garlic-parsley paste, working paste into grooves.
- Roll into compact roast, tucking in flaps, to form log shape. Tie with twine at 1-inch intervals.
- If 2 roasts: 133* for 4-5 hours
- If 3 roasts: 133* for 3 hours
- Sear for 1 minute on each side when done