- 1 15-oz. can cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 c. chickpea liquid -OR- 1/4 c. extra virgin oil olive -OR- 1/4 c. lemon juice -OR- any mix of these
- Big pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper powder (optional)
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced) or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini or 1 tsp sesame oil
Blend together in food processor until smooth.
Optional add-ins, blend with the hummus:
- 1 roasted beet (375*F, 1 hour, wrapped in tin foil).
- 2 whole roasted red bell peppers (halved, broil 5-10 minutes skin side up, put in bowl covered with tight lid for 10-15 mins, gently peel away charred skin).
- Use roasted garlic or add 1-2 Tbsp. garlic powder.
- 2 very ripe avocados.
- 1 cup peeled and cubed pumpkin, sweet potato, or butternut squash (pressure cook in Instant Pot 3-4 min until very soft), add 1 tsp paprika to hummus.
- Black bean – swap out chickpea for black bean can. Add 1/2 tsp. ground coriander.