Could also be beef ragu, just swap out for ground beef and beef stock. Best served with rigatoni or thick spaghetti.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced small
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups lamb stock
- 28 oz. whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand, or diced tomatoes
- 2 large red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered and sliced ¼″ thick
- Heat some olive oil in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium-high. Cook onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, bay leaves, salt and pepper until softened, about 5 mins.
- Add lamb, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces, until browned, 6–8 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until reduced by half, 2–3 minutes.
- Add stock and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 35–40 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook until peppers are tender but not falling apart, 4–6 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Using tongs, toss pasta in sauce. Divide pasta between bowls; garnish with pecorino.
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup beef broth or water
- 1 small onion
- 1 small Asian pear
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Puree marinade ingredients together. Mix well.
Marinade 2lbs thinly sliced beef for at least 30 mins, as long as overnight.
- 3 cups whole mushrooms, mix of cremini and button, washed and sliced thin
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian dried herbs
- Black pepper
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. red wine
- Tomato sauce
- 8 oz. cottage cheese, pureed smooth
- Sautee onions over medium high heat, add a pinch of salt to sweat
- Add mushrooms and sautee until browned
- Add dried herbs and pepper flakes to taste
- Add garlic and tomato paste, sautee until fragrant
- Add ground beef and black pepper, break up and sautee until brown
- Deglaze with red wine
- Add tomato sauce, simmer covered on low 5-10 minutes
- Spoon pureed cottage cheese on top and simmer another minute until warm
Serve on top of spaghetti squash or pasta
WW 7 points
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3.5 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp grated ginger or ginger powder
- ½ – 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
Whisk together and toss noodles. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk until thoroughly blended.
- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Combine ingredients in blender. Process until smooth. Store in refrigerator. Makes approximately 1 cup.
For crepes or similar use.
- 1lb mushrooms (variety is best), cleaned and sliced
- ¼ leek or onion chopped fine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1.5 tbsp mushroom fond
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch made into slurry
- Salt & pepper
- Over medium heat, sautee leek or onion with a little butter until soft
- Add a little more butter, mushrooms, some salt and pepper and sautee until mushrooms release liquid and some of it evaporates
- Lower heat to low. Add heavy cream, mushroom fond and stir until warm. Add corn starch slurry and stir until thick
Can be refrigerated 1-2 days.