For 2 lbs of chicken or white meat:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 garlic bulbs, minced
- 2 tbsp water
Whisk together ingredients medium bowl. Place marinade and chicken in gallon-size zipper-lock bag and toss to coat; press out as much air as possible and seal bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes, flipping bag after 15 minutes.
Could also be beef ragu, just swap out for ground beef and beef stock. Best served with rigatoni or thick spaghetti.
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, minced small
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups lamb stock
- 28 oz. whole peeled tomatoes, crushed by hand, or diced tomatoes
- 2 large red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered and sliced ¼″ thick
- Heat some olive oil in a 6-qt. saucepan over medium-high. Cook onion, garlic, rosemary, oregano, bay leaves, salt and pepper until softened, about 5 mins.
- Add lamb, stirring and breaking up meat into small pieces, until browned, 6–8 minutes. Stir in wine; cook until reduced by half, 2–3 minutes.
- Add stock and tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 35–40 minutes. Stir in peppers; cook until peppers are tender but not falling apart, 4–6 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Using tongs, toss pasta in sauce. Divide pasta between bowls; garnish with pecorino.
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ¾ cup beef broth or water
- 1 small onion
- 1 small Asian pear
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 ounce fresh ginger
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
Puree marinade ingredients together. Mix well.
Marinade 2lbs thinly sliced beef for at least 30 mins, as long as overnight.
- 3 cups whole mushrooms, mix of cremini and button, washed and sliced thin
- ½ onion, sliced thin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Red pepper flakes
- Italian dried herbs
- Black pepper
- ½ lb. ground beef
- ¼ c. red wine
- Tomato sauce
- 8 oz. cottage cheese, pureed smooth
- Sautee onions over medium high heat, add a pinch of salt to sweat
- Add mushrooms and sautee until browned
- Add dried herbs and pepper flakes to taste
- Add garlic and tomato paste, sautee until fragrant
- Add ground beef and black pepper, break up and sautee until brown
- Deglaze with red wine
- Add tomato sauce, simmer covered on low 5-10 minutes
- Spoon pureed cottage cheese on top and simmer another minute until warm
Serve on top of spaghetti squash or pasta
WW 7 points
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3.5 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp grated ginger or ginger powder
- ½ – 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
Whisk together and toss noodles. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon regular or light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch sugar
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- Ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Whisk until thoroughly blended.