- 1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Combine ingredients in blender. Process until smooth. Store in refrigerator. Makes approximately 1 cup.
For crepes or similar use.
- 1lb mushrooms (variety is best), cleaned and sliced
- ¼ leek or onion chopped fine
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1.5 tbsp mushroom fond
- 1.5 tbsp corn starch made into slurry
- Salt & pepper
- Over medium heat, sautee leek or onion with a little butter until soft
- Add a little more butter, mushrooms, some salt and pepper and sautee until mushrooms release liquid and some of it evaporates
- Lower heat to low. Add heavy cream, mushroom fond and stir until warm. Add corn starch slurry and stir until thick
Can be refrigerated 1-2 days.
Makes ½ cup of marinade, enough for 1-3 lbs. of meat/seafood
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced (6 tbsp. juice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Mix ingredients, marinade for 1-3 hours.
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup balsamic
- 1-½ teaspoons honey
- 1-½ teaspoons mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic OR granulated garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
Whisk together, let stand overnight to meld flavors.